Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Resolutions


01: take more photos -- I mentioned on Facebook that I wanted to be sure to take more photos with Clay this year because in the past two years we've taken less than 10 a year together.  I also want to start taking group photos each time we see family and each time we have an event with friends. Also known as - not just pictures of Mr. Duke Pug!!!

02: rest -- I stress a lot about completing my list of errands on the weekends and cramming all this self-imposed work on myself when I should be relaxing and enjoying time with friends instead of looking at my watch wondering if I'll have time to complete x,y,z which actually doesn't matter in the long run.  Rest is the reason we didn't go home for Christmas this past year, I was just too tired and stressed to think about traveling during the holiday season.

03: be healthy --  Most importantly this means cutting down on my sugar intake and enjoying my long walks with Mr. Duke while not being lazy and taking escalators when there are stairs.  In New York this means I can also walk to and from work more and walk to meet friends instead of using public transportation.

04: finish what you start -- I usually do this but I'd like to finish David McCullough's biography on Truman, I'm on page 600/900!

05: be free -- Digging into my faith as a beloved child of God.  Not over committing my time and energy.  Continuing to be frugal to put more money aside in savings for long-term goals.  A work life balance that works for me.  Continuously purging clutter from my life and creating a healthy and happy home.  Switching to USA made, cruelty free products.  Eating food and using products that contain less manufactured chemicals and more natural ones.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment